Saturday, July 9

News Update

It's been a week of mixed weather here on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. We've had hot sunny days, the inevitable thunderstorms, and some cloudy days with showers. I managed to get out golfing again, although I was not very happy with my driving this time. The score of 85 was okay, and it dropped my handicap to 15.6. The markets continued to rally in the early part of the week, but then Friday was a dark day as the poor US jobs data cast a pall over investors; still, I managed a good gain for the week. I had two charters this week, and that went well. Next week, I'm assigned charters every day, so I'll be busy with that. The garden is developing well, but I haven't got any further with the back yard developments. They are not happening on their own. I am trying to catch up to the rhubarb patch; it is really producing! Our anniversary celebration over last weekend was nice. Thank you all for your greetings, and to our children for their special recognitions. I remember as a child that it was old people who were celebrating silver anniversaries, and now even young people are noting 41 years! The Riders started the season on a losing note, and, it must be said, did not look good either. This afternoon, they played their second game, a rematch of last year's championship battle, but the result was the same as last week—a two touchdown loss. C'mon guys! Let's get playing some football!

Wendy continues with her usual busyness at home and at work. The yard improvements are looking good, and we are glad to have family and friends enjoying the backyard and pool. Erin's dog keeps finding ways to get out of the back yard, so I'll have to keep working on that. Wendy chased her down across the busy street on Friday night. Wendy has been so eager for shifts at Walmart, she even went in one day this week when she wasn't assigned to work!

Erin had her usual busy week at work and managing Kristian's schedule now that school is out. Her big event this week was the arrival of her new iPhone. She and Kristian are both enjoying using, learning and playing games on that.

Trav is quite busy with the extra contacts he's getting from on line. Enquiries are coming in from across the country, somewhat to his surprise. He, Joanna, Gemma & Andrew all joined us for fun in the pool last evening. Well, actually, we didn't get Joanna into the pool; we'll have to throw her in next time! Joanna is keep very busy with her Life Labs assignments.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: