Saturday, April 16

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather was beautiful for the first part of the week, but has turned nasty this weekend. How does the weather know it is a weekend?! The markets were bad all week, and I lost almost 1.5%. I've been otherwise occupied much of the week, so I haven't paid as much attention to investments as I should have. We started the week celebrating as Jeff Stoughton defeated Scotland to bring home the World Curling Championship. I also cheered Charl Schwartzel winning the Masters Golf, although I was really hoping young Rory McIlroy would have been able to keep it together in the final round. I've been riding my bike to work, and wondering about the unlikely combination of a 15 year old front tire, a 25 year old back tire, and a 60 year old cyclist! On Tuesday evening, on the way home from work, the anticipated failure happened! But, surprisingly, it was the 25 year old tread, not the 60 year old retread! Now I have a nice new rear tire! I'm starting a term of teaching on Sunday, beginning with the Pastoral Epistles, so that's taken a bit of study time as well.

Wendy has kept very busy with work and social life. She has also been attending to an ill friend this week, who is now hospitalized. She is also engaged with a committee at church that is supervising some renovations there.

Erin keeps busy with work, and Kristian. There were extra assignments for her as it was time for the Individual Education Plan update for him, and also time for a new assessment of his hearing. He was fitted for new earpieces; this time he has chosen white and blue colours.

Trav had a concluding hockey draft and game with his midget team, and has now devoted his attention to the Stanley Cup playoffs. His Penguins are tied 1-1 in their series, and his second pick Canucks are up 2-0 in theirs.

It's hard to keep up with everything that is going on, but that's enough for this week.

No comments: