Saturday, April 9

News Update

We've enjoyed another week of fine Spring weather on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. It is now light enough in the morning, so I have begun riding my bike to work. It takes about twenty minutes, and it's a nice ride in the quiet of the morning. The afternoon is another story—the traffic makes it an uncomfortable trip. I keep searching for alternate routes that may be less busy. The markets have been down most of the week, but I recovered enough on Friday to leave us with only a small loss for the week. I've been cheering the curling all week, and I've managed to get Jeff into the final tomorrow! Scotland will face us in the championship game. It's Masters golf week, the start of the golf season for me. I'm starting to practice again in the endless challenge of finding that one little tweak that will turn my game around! (I fear it may take more than one little tweak!)

Wendy has kept busy with work early in the week, and again at the end; she's working this evening. She's been back into cake-making mode recently; we're enjoying the results!

Erin seems to have been busier than usual with car rentals this week. Kristian is enjoying the warmer weather, getting out to play in mud puddles. He often gets home both muddy and wet.

Trav has negotiated his Penguins into the playoffs in good position with the extra home game in the playoffs that are about to begin. He's got his bike all tuned up, including new tires, and he and Joanna are breaking in their systems for another season of cycling. I think it's still in the painful stage!

Anyway, that's about it for this week.

No comments: