Saturday, April 2

News Update

A week of fine weather has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. As it started we cheered for Amber Holland and her valiant attempt at the World Curling championship, however, she failed, losing to Sweden. We remain very proud of her effort. Today, the Men's championship began in Regina. Our champion is Jeff Stoughton, and he got off on the right foot with a win over Switzerland this afternoon and Denmark this evening. Investments have gone very well again this week, so that after three months, we have achieved 50% of our annual need. School bus driving continues to go well, and with the warmer weather, I am contemplating riding my bike back and forth to work. It's 5.5km and while I walk it regularly, it takes too long for me to want to do that in the morning. I feel I can comfortably make it in twenty minutes on my bike, and that's only twice as long as it takes in the car, so, as long as the weather is amenable, that will be my plan. I am a little concerned about my bike tires. I got it 25 years ago in YK, and the front tire blew up while we were in Dauphin. So, I have a 15 year old front tire, and a 25 year old back tire, and a 60 year old cyclist! Is this a good combination?!

Wendy worked regularly in the early part of the week and then had several days off. Last night she hosted Dean, Kelly & Cassie, along with Travis, Joanna, Andrew & Gemma, so we had a houseful. It was a good time as we celebrated Joanna's completion of her studies, along with the opening of the baseball season. Wendy is also catching up with her other friends in the area; some of them are suffering illness.

Erin and I have both been suffering all week with a stiff/sore neck. I believe it's some kind of flu, and I feel I am getting over it now. Erin is still suffering. Kristian has had a few 'will' incidents this week, as in, he has decided he will not do what the teacher (or his mom) is asking him to do. I got after him for one of his foot-stomping declarations today, and he confided to his mother that, "Grandpa was angry."

Trav has been coaxing his Penguins into a playoff position in hockey. He continues with his work and projects. He's also involved with seasonal closing activities for his midget hockey team.

And that's the kind of week it has been.

No comments: