Saturday, April 17

News Update

It's been a week of blustery spring weather on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. Windy days have kept my golf outings to a minimum, but I enjoyed them all the same. The discomfort in my elbow and shoulder is minimal, so that's good. I've got a bit more work done on the front lawn, but it's not level yet, and all those soddy clumps will take a few more rototilling sessions to change into something resembling soil. I've also managed a bit of work on the back yard and garden as it seems spring is about a month early this year. Investments have continued apace, although I was too scared to buy anything on Tuesday or Friday. Things went well the other days, and I managed my goal of 0.5% for a change to advance to 9.2% in total.

Wendy continues to be busy caring for the rest of us, along with several friends in the community. One friend has suffered kidney failure and just began dialysis this week; we're praying for better body chemistry as a result. Wendy is enjoying pretty good results for her own improved self-care of diet and exercise. She's even thinking of trying golf again!

Erin is quite busy at work, and managing her family. This week she got encouraging news of a potential advancement at work. This will probably happen in the Fall. Kristian started the week not feeling well, but has now reverted to his normal exuberant self.

Trav is in his busiest time of the year as the Stanley Cup playoffs have started! His Penguins have not been performing to his satisfaction so far. He's also busy with work, extra on-line training and his website contracts.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: