Saturday, September 22

News Update

Another week draws to an end here on the shore of Lake Superior where all the children are above average!

I've had another good week at work. I worked around the home office on Monday and Tuesday. Then I travelled up to Red Lake(one of my schools) for Wednesday through Friday. We were able to make a lot of progress on the OnSIS reports so that seven of the fourteen schools are completed. The deadline is September 30th, so it's getting plenty close.

Another big event this week was the American greenback falling to parity with the Canadian dollar. As the chart shows, this has been a long time coming, but with the Bushies devastating the American economy, it was inevitable. Of course, as I've mentioned before the continually weaker greenback makes life a lot more difficult for Canadian manufacturers as the US is our biggest customer and all our stuff is about 20% more expensive just this year.
Chart


I continue to be hobbled with my leg, but the pain is gradually diminishing. I had a bit of a bad day on Wednesday what with driving up to Red Lake (7 hours) and too much walking around. But that was the only time I needed to take painkillers, so I'm improving.

Wendy keeps busy caring for Kristan each day while Erin works. She had a relapse of her back, shoulder and arm issues, but a trip to the chiropractor helped a lot. Her big project this week was draining, cleaning and putting away the pool.

Kristian enjoyed his second birthday last Sunday, and the rest of us just enjoy him everyday.

The tragedy of the week was the Riders losing to the BC Lions in a battle for first place this evening. The Riders started the season strong, but have now lost three straight and fallen into second place.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: