Saturday, September 8

News Update

Another week draws to an end here on Lake Superior. As noted elsewhere it has not been my best week, however, we carry on.

The remarkable news from my doctors here was to confirm that my fibula is healing well, but that I also have a fracture in my ankle. I couldn't quite see what they were referring to in the xray, but it seems the problem is in one of the bones in the ankle upon which the tibia rests. The crack or chip seems to be knitting together, but they were concerned with how I was adapting to the problem. It seems that in the interest of avoiding pain, I had maneuvered my ankle into an inappropriate position, and they felt this could lead to longer term disability. So they manipulated my ankle back the way they wanted it (ouch) and put me in a cast to keep it there! Seems effective! I am scheduled to go back next Friday for a follow up. In the meantime, I am on crutches with a cast up to my knee.

Work has returned to full swing and I have managed to get a couple of my schools to complete their June reporting to the Ministry. All schools are required to complete this by the end of September, or else there are monetary penalties that impact my program. Next week I am scheduled to begin my road trips to the schools.

Wendy has begun working on the house renovations; she feels that since I am disabled she should work twice as hard, so she can aggravate her back, shoulder and arm issues!! I feel she should take it easy on the renovations so she can take care of me!

Erin has begun work at Halfway Motors. She is enjoying her work. It mainly involves the accounting/bookkeeping for the Suzuki franchise that is part of the Halfway family of dealerships. Kristian is attempting to keep his grandpa amused while his mom his at work.

Travis has been off all week to Las Vegas where he is enjoying a Photoshop conference. He reports that the workshops have been excellent so far.

We are enjoying harvesting from our container garden. There are lots of tomatoes, but the beans seem to have quit producing. The corn is not ready yet, but is promising.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Hi, Bill, I hope that your ankle heals quickly.