Saturday, September 15

News Update

Another week draws to an end here on the shore of Lake Superior where the women are strong, the men are handsome and all the children are above average!

I've had a full week of work. I travelled up to Nakina (one of my schools) for Monday and Tuesday. Then I had work at home and office meetings on Wednesday and Thursday, and finally, I completed the week with a full day workshop for all my secretaries on Friday. It was good.

Of course, I continue to be hobbled with my leg. I returned to the doctor first thing Friday morning to have the cast removed and further xrays and examination of the ankle in particular. The doctor expressed some relief over the progress and prescribed an 'air cast' for the next month. The air cast is rather slick. I strap it on, and then use a little pump to inflate bladders that increase the support of my ankle. And the best part is I'm allowed to take it off at night, or to have a shower. It's also a walking cast, so I've got rid of the crutches. Progress indeed!

Wendy keeps busy caring for Kristian now that Erin is working full-time. She has continued with stripping the old wallpaper in the kitchen and dining room. (I'm afraid this has some significance that has not fully dawned on me yet!) And today, she bought me a compressor with pneumatic nailer and stapler. (Again, I suspect some hidden agenda!)

Erin is enjoying her job, and preparing for Kristian's second birthday that we'll celebrate tomorrow! Happy birthday, little buddy! Grandma has been trying to teach him to blow out his candles, but he's resisting.

This weekend we have Erica and the boys here for the celebration, so that's a special treat. And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: