Saturday, February 17

News Update

Another week draws to an end here on Lake Superior. It has been a very hectic week as I spent Monday and Tuesday completing my preparations for the conference and then Wednesday through Friday working the conference. I was involved in two full days of presentations, and with set up of a wireless computer lab for each session, I was ready for sleep each night! However, the conference went well, so I ended with a good feeling of accomplishment. Then, I've been pushing three schools to get their data reports in to the government so we can qualify for some extra funding in the form of an end-of-the-fiscal-year 'money bomb' from Toronto. These are required by next Tuesday, and we're getting close in all three schools.

I finished my series of antibiotics on Friday, so I'll be going for lab work on Monday. Then, we'll wait for the results.

We got some sad news on Saturday evening with a call from Regina that Uncle Wilf had passed away. We haven't heard of memorial arrangements yet, but expect to head west early in the coming week.

Kristian continues to develop and is becoming a climbing menace. He gets up on anything and everything, so we've had to push the chairs in close to the table so he can't get up there—or so we thought! Today, he pulled his little stool over and climbed up on the table without the use of the chairs! Erin thinks he is challenging her authority, but in reality we suspect he is just a little disturbed that she thinks she has some authority.

No comments: