Sunday, May 21

Regina

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown, but we have migrated west!  On Wednesday, we drove out to Winnipeg on the shore of the Red River, and then on Friday, we continued to Regina on the shore of Lake Wascana. We enjoyed a visit with Tom & Mariette in Winnipeg—thanks folks. Tom and I got out for 18 holes on Thursday; that went okay although my back was complaining a bit. I am glad I chose to ride rather than try to walk it. We have a few projects underway at Erin's, but it's just a short trip this time for Logan's wedding, so we'll only get started. The air conditioning is not working in the car, so I have booked it in Tuesday morning to see if they can get it figured out. The weather is getting hotter, and we'd rather travel in comfort. Last weekend, we worked with Travis on Mother's Day floral deliveries. That was pretty enjoyable for us as well.

All loaded and ready to roll

Wendy had a choral presentation on Monday evening, and is continuing to prepare for their gala in June. She has both the business side and the musical side to work on even while we're travelling. The markets were troubled all week by the Republicans on-again, off-again debt ceiling plans. I managed to make a little gain, but well short of quota once again. The NHL playoffs have completed another round and I had two wins, two losses. I'm picking Canes and Knights in the semi-finals, and so far my picks have been exactly 50/50, so go flip your own coin! I am pretty disappointed that the Oilers have fallen short, and really, I have no dog left in this fight, so, I've lost interest. The Blue Jays are floundering at this point in the baseball season, so I hope they get it together soon. 

Erica writes, "This weekend I’m off on a girls trip. Eric has been attending a conference in Boston, virtually, most of the week—with a start time of 6 AM! He is excited to learn more about brain function. It’s still super busy at work, and I almost cancelled my long weekend plans. But here I am, on my way!"

Erin and Kristian have been preparing for our arrival, but Erin took sick on Thursday night, and was down on Friday when we arrived. She's feeling some better today. We are glad to have our basement room, and to be able to enjoy time with them. Kristian and I got the egg swing dismantled, moved upstairs and back outside, and reassembled. Well, actually, he did most of it, but I helped! It will be outside for the summer where Erin likes to lounge in the back patio area. I have also begun reassembling the drip irrigation for her planter boxes and hanging baskets. 

Travis, Joanna and crew are taking care of things back home in Thunder Bay. Our student is away just now, back home to Korea, so they're in charge of things. Their management allows us to travel with calm reassurance about home. Thanks guys! 

And that's enough for this week! 

No comments: