Saturday, September 17

Coming Down!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has taken on an autumn chill and the trees are looking very colourful. Most nights this week the temperatures fell into the single digits, and then on Wednesday it started raining. It has rained the rest of the week, so at least I've been able to turn off the lawn sprinklers on my newly patched areas of the lawns. The turf patches in the back are taking well. The seeded patches in the front—not so much! I managed to get a bit more yard work done before the rains took hold and drove me indoors. I am working on a drawer unit to install under my workbench in the shop. It's coming along well—my first drawer unit. I built a drawer for the kitchen a while back, but the functionality of drawers in the kitchen motivated me to add a set of drawers in the shop. Wendy continues her recovery program, but fell ill this week, and was back into consultation with her doctor who prescribed some antibiotics to try to get her back on the path of healing. Today, she had a chorus event at one of the local schools, so she was off early this morning for that. Otherwise, she keeps busy with her volunteer work with the barber-shoppers—way busier than I expected! The markets have continued their topsy turvy summer, in a deeply red year. Year to Date losses: TSX: -8.7%; DOW: -15.2%; S&P: -18.7%; Nasdaq: -26.8%. So, yes, I'm beating the markets, but that's a low bar this year. In my world of sports, the Riders are deeply disappointing. Their performance against Edmonton last night was inept on both sides of the ball. C'mon Riders! So, it was refreshing to watch the Sooners turn in a sparkling win over Nebraska today. Boomer Sooner! The Jays are on another upswing, going 7-3 in their last ten games and moving into a solid playoff position. Yay Jays! We're back into curling season. This week I'm following the event in Okotoks where many of the newly lineups are getting a test. My guy, Kevin Koe, has three new players this year. They've advanced to the playoffs, so, clearly, positive results so far. 

Erica writes, "We finished up another week in Prince Albert. Liam returned to Caronport after a visit with us last weekend. I had training this week on Myers Briggs. I’ve had the test before, but I thought maybe I had discovered my feelings in recent years. Alas, I still come out as a thinker! I’m borderline Introvert/extrovert, so I come out ENTP or INTP.  Eric, in his professional capacity, informs me, this means I’m either R2D2 or Yoda. We are further along planning our family trip. We are planning to visit the UK together in November. That should be fun! We are also in design mode for our upstairs bathroom. Tomorrow we are off to Saskatoon to see tiles and bathroom fixtures at Home Depot."

Most of the week in Regina focused on celebrations around Kristian's 17th birthday. Some of the festivities have been postponed as he wanted to have Astrid and Liam over, but they're under the weather. Otherwise things are going well for them with work, school, and medical appointments. 

Happy Birthday Kristian!

Another Star Wars Machine!

Travis got a new laptop with the appropriate operating system and finally has his printers humming along! Yay! The pups are thriving, and sometimes even behaving themselves. Moxley came over for a visit one day. He's bigger than expected, but quite a teddy bear overall with a deep voice. Darby continues to ail with a bad leg, and remains much the smaller of the pair. Gemma and Jonas are settling into life in Vancouver. Andrew remains off work since his recent illness. We hope he gets back to work soon. 

And that's about enough for this week! 

No comments: