Saturday, August 5

News Update

Another week has passed and we have returned to the shore of Lake Superior far from the prairies! This has given us a break from the overheated prairies; we are enjoying plenty of green down here as the rains have been plentiful. In fact, we're enjoying too much green; I have taken up the battle against the high weeds and long lawns! We have a lot to do in the week we're scheduled to be home. I have ordered new sub-C batteries and plan to rebuild one of the batteries for my cordless tools. I have already rebuilt the other one, using the best 15 of the 30 sub-C batteries that I already had. This is testing my soldering skills! I have disassembled the table saw so I can fit it in the Santa Fe for the trip to Prince Albert. It remains to be seen whether I'll actually take it in the car, or if we'll rent a small trailer for the trip. There are many other tools I wish to have for that project, so we'll see how much will fit, and then make further decisions. We left Regina on Wednesday, driving over to Winnipeg, where we enjoyed an evening with Dean, Kelly, Cassie and Tom. We completed the drive on Thursday, arriving here in the early evening. I've managed to get both lawns cut between the showers, and pulled some of the weeds. I got the oil changed in the car, so that part is ready to go. The markets were a bit green this week, with all indices gaining a bit of value. I had a great week, with more than two weekly quotas gained, so that helps. The Jays continue to play mediocre ball—they did have a nice win tonight! The Riders returned from their win over TO last week to visit BC, and they found out it's a lot tougher in the Western Division!

The Baileys are all back under one roof for a week! There is a lot to be done. Liam has been really helpful in packing and taking apart bookshelves during the day. Then, both boys have been loading up the CRV with boxes and helping Eric take each load over to the new house. The renovations continue in consultation with the plumber and the window guy. Now they are conferring with their expert panel—we got the email! Erica returned to work this week. She definitely gets tired by the end of the day, but reports that each day is a bit better, with more energy, and less pain.

Kristian is travelling with us, so Erin's left to her own devices. She has taken up decorating, and has posted pictures onto her newly painted walls. Looks good!
Over the coach potato! 

The light grey wall!

Travis and Joanna are relieved to be relieved of yard duties, but it's only for a short time, then they're back on assignment. They were over this evening to mark my birthday and enjoy yet another peanut butter ice cream cake! This time I made it with crunchy peanut butter, and I think that was even better. They are off in the morning, so I'm on taxi duty to get them to the airport before 8am. Have a good trip guys, and thanks for your care of the place over the last two months. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: