Saturday, October 22

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather was cooler this week, but still very nice, and I got out to the golf course twice with Wendy. Her game has improved so much this year; I wish I could say the same about mine! Work has continued on the downstairs bathroom and it's looking great. Wendy got the painting completed, so, I have been able to install the electrical and plumbing fixtures. I still need to complete the shower stall. Work has stalled in the kitchenette; it will wait for us to return after the family reunion in Dallas. Wendy has also had two days of babysitting this week. The markets have continued to be difficult, and all US indices remain in the red for the month, however at least this week they were all a bit green, and I had a good week making quota again. I am on pace for quota this month, so I hope that I can finish it off well. Baseball playoffs have moved on to the World Series. My Blue Jays failed to get their bats going, and lost to Cleveland in five games, so that's over. Chicago Cubs advanced over the Dodgers in the National League. All told, my picks won the two wild card games; three of four in the division series, and one of two in the championship series—that's a good percentage, but I'd give up all the others if only the Blue Jays could have moved forward! I am picking the Cubs to win it all, and also cheering for them to do so. I assess them as having the best manager (Maddon) in the game, but Francona is great as well, so it should be an entertaining battle. Go Cubbies! The Riders are playing out the string, and broke their winning streak to Montreal in a dreary, rain-soaked Taylor Field, today. 

Liam went to a student leadership conference where he had to carry a log for over one km! Not to sure what the point was, but I'm guessing there was one! He also got a new laptop this week as his old one (a hand-me-down) has been problematic. Not much news coming from Haaken, so we assume school continues to preoccupy his time. Eric/A have made some progress on the downsizing and reorganization front. They've gone through the Tupperware, and cut their investment there in half! Eric made some progress in reorganizing one of the boy's bedrooms into a music room. 

Look fierce—can't hit anything!
Kristian has lost another tooth, the stomach tooth on the other side. So, he has a matched set of gaps now! Armed with his new knowledge he bypassed the tooth fairy protocol and went straight to the banker to arrange financing on his Hallowe'en costume! Erin is feeling much improved, but still needs work to get her neck in better condition. 

Trav and Joanna are over here most days to work in the office downstairs. They also continue to move stuff to the new house bit by bit. They've also enjoyed visits from two grandmothers this week! Sunday, they were out to Nipigon to photograph 22 hockey teams! And the printer keeps spitting out more bucket decals—a licence to print money! 

And that's about enough for this week! 

No comments: