Saturday, October 15

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. We awoke to a frosty Sunday morning, so we have that out of the way, finally, but otherwise, the weather has continued to be very nice. I managed to get out to the golf course twice between work on the projects downstairs. Wendy is now painting the bathroom. She has it primed, and it's looking pretty good. I've solved my electrical issues; now, I'm looking to add some outlets for the kitchenette area. I have the plumbing plan ready—I'm using PEX this time. I had a bit of practice using PEX on Erin's place, so I've decided to go with that. The drain plan is ready as well, and I have bought the materials, but there will be lots of work getting that in place. I've decided that renovations are much harder than building from scratch! With the holiday on Monday, we only had four market days this week, and the markets were not good, but I was relieved to have a great week on my stuff. The baseball playoffs have moved into the league championship level. Three of my four picks are surviving, and I will stick with my choices of Jays vs Dodgers in the Series. Jays are in tough against Cleveland, and have lost the first two games. Our pitchers have certainly performed well giving up just two runs in each game, but the hitters?! Or should I say the swingers, 'cause they weren't hitting much?! Okay! Blue Jays! Let's play ball! The Riders smashed the Argos this afternoon for their fourth straight win! Wow Riders! 

Eric returned the boys to their respective school—since then, it's been pretty quiet. He had a busy week with meetings in the evenings, teaching a course on anger management, and a conference through work. He's decided he might have too much going on, but isn't sure how to fix it. Liam is practising drums. There is an upcoming performance night called Cheesecake Cafe, and he is thinking about performing there. Haaken is back enjoying school again. He seems very happy in his courses. 

Erin and Kristian had a really good Thanksgiving. On Sunday, Shawn's nephews cooked; there were 19 people. They had another good Thanksgiving at Aunty Alicia's on Monday. Erin ordered some new glasses. When she woke up this morning, she wasn't able to get out of bed for a while. The pain in her neck and shoulder was so intense, she got sick. So, she's running on Advil now. The Jays lost again today—not good news! Kristian has another loose tooth. Erin made a big batch of taco soup today; it was a hit with both boys. They'll be eating it all week! 

Trav, Joanna, Gemma and Andrew were here for Thanksgiving turkey on Monday. They continue to be busy with bucket decals and the printer downstairs keeps chugging them out! They're also getting lots of bookings for hockey team pictures. I guess when you have a business, it's hard to complain about being busy! Trav has set up his production office downstairs now, so we see them most days. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: