Saturday, October 31

Saturday Off!

Today was a day off for the team. I have not been feeling well for a couple of days, so I took advantage of the occasion to sleep. I did get up for a late breakfast, but then I went back to bed, and finally arose at 3PM. I feel better, but tonight will be the test on how things actually are; if I'm able to sleep tonight, it will convince me that the rest was indeed warranted. 

Last evening, we had a Friday-night-out adventure with the team. We caught the city bus to downtown Guwahati to the Pizza Hut! Take your usual Pizza Hut, remove the beef, add spices, add more spices, add jalapeƱos and you'll start to approximate an Indian Pizza Hut! We enjoyed it all the same. Then, on the way back the buses were packed, so we opted for India's venerable vehicle option—the Tuk Tuk! It was actually a very nice ride, although the nearness to other vehicles was a bit much. 

Wendy ventured off with a group to the Science Centre here in Guwahati today while I remained in bed; she found it quite interesting. Our plans have changed; we are looking forward to visiting Manipur. It was originally on the schedule, then was removed and now is back on. Angie's enthusiastic response to going there makes us all look forward to it. Other than that, I have been preparing myself for another guest pulpit tomorrow morning.

The markets have enjoyed a good month, up 1.5%, for the first green month since April. Sadly, Friday's sell-off kept me from making quota for the month, but even coming close was nice! Baseball continues with the World Series, and I'm cheering for the Royals. World Cup of Rugby has the final today; I'm cheering for the All-Blacks from New Zealand, so I was pleased to see them prevail over the Aussies. Hockey is starting to gather attention in the young season especially with the great start enjoyed by Montreal. Riders continue to play out the season with today's game against Calgary, but the first place Stamps laid a licking on them, sigh. We tried FaceTime with our children, but only connected with one of them. It was good to talk with Erica, although the connection was flakey. Later on we connected with Erin, and also managed to text with Travis.

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: