Saturday, May 9

Happy Mothers' Day

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been great, and I've got a bit of work done on the front flower beds. The lawns are looking good. The golf courses are also looking good, and I'm missing out! I have concluded that I have gout. The doctors have not issued a verdict, but I hope we can push closer to that at my next appointment on Monday. I've checked the risk factors for gout: male, over 50, meat eater, overweight, consumes high fructose corn syrup, drinks beer; I'm guessing that even my refusal on that last one may still leave me at risk! I have now decided to forego Powerade as it uses HFCS. I can definitely link my last two gout episodes to a period of heavy consumption of Powerade, sigh! As to symptoms, the foot still hurts, but the main pain currently is in my knee. The markets were volatile this week, but I was blessed with a great week, and have now achieved quota for this month, so I can start working on last month! NHL playoffs continue; Chicago has advanced to the next round, but the Rangers are trailing the Caps 3-2 and are certainly at risk. 

The Baileys have found a potential place for Haaken for his Capilano course this summer. It is only a five-minute walk, so while he'll have to cook for himself, it looks like a good option, so we hope it remains available until July. Liam continues to raise funds for the trip to Estonia. He is doing well in school and taking drivers' education. Erica completed yearend this year with only 16 hours of overtime; last year she was putting in that much each week—her system is in shock! She's also enjoying her new shoes, despite a blister on her heel. Haaken has been applying for jobs, trying to make some money before heading to school. Eric is finalizing his hours for clinical status. He has completed his clinical hours, and just requires about 8 hours with his supervisor. Today they celebrated Mother's Day with a trip to the spa at Watrous. Nice! 

Kristian is planning a Mother's Day date with his mom. He's taking her to It's a Blast! Sadie got her Spring haircut this week. Erin and Kristian also took in the new Avengers movie earlier in the week, but apparently that wasn't part of the celebration of Mother's Day! 

Trav and Joanna are hosting McNana this week; Diane flew in on Wednesday. Gemma and Andrew are glad to have her around. We're enjoying it also. Trav is packing up the Elks uniforms as he's moving on to a new team next season—let's go Rangers! Joanna and Gemma are working a wedding this weekend. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: