Saturday, March 22

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been very nice, but we're not making much headway on the accumulated snow piles! I have gained access to the barbecue, so that's something at least. The bus people put me back to work immediately on my old run. Only one student had been suspended this time! However, there were a lot of happy faces, several parents came out to greet me, and one grade 11 boy surprised me with a big hug! The markets have been volatile, but I've been blessed with some recovery and am back on quota. I've been watching the women's curling championships all week where Rachel Homan managed to complete the round robin in first place. Now, they're in the playoffs, and have advanced to the championship final against Switzerland tomorrow. I'm expecting the gold! March Madness has begun, my favourite basketball time of the year. Already we've had a batch of bracket busting upsets. The Jayhawks won their first, and play again tomorrow. I don't have high hopes for them if they don't get their injured centre back, soon. Wendy has been very busy with appointments and clearing up the back log of paperwork here. Each of us has started a set of dental cleanings at the college. 

Eric and the boys have been holidaying on the Island, while Erica has been away in Mexico all week. Reports indicate that all involved had a good week. 

We've had a few chats with Erin and Kristian since we got back. They seem to be doing well at work and school. We miss spending time with them. 

Trav & Joanna are very busy this weekend with a hockey tournament. This time it's all business as they've set up a booth there. Trav's hockey team continues in the second round of the playoffs and started off with a win; they play again tomorrow. Gemma and Andrew are busy with school, but we haven't seen much of them yet. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: