Friday, March 28

Bus Driver Bill

Having twenty-four hours to prepare myself, I was ready to address my high school students on Tuesday afternoon. I hit the Noise Suppression switch (which turns off all fans in the bus), removed my seat belt, rose from my seat and turned to address the group. 

"Students, we have an issue. It may be a human rights issue, so I'm asking you to pay serious attention. Yesterday afternoon, on this run, there was an incident, and I need to direct your attention to it. Apparently, although I can't say for sure, there was one or more students involved in this, ah, situation. Now, I can't say for sure, but it seemed to me that there was some kind of religious activity or ritual going on in the back part of the bus. As you know, this cannot be allowed! Apparently, this was some form of voodoo, or other cultic religion. I can't really say for sure, but what I found were some chicken bones laying on the floor." 

At this point, I could hold my face no longer. I broke, and they broke out in hearty laughter. 

"Please clean up after yourselves and help keep the bus clean," I concluded. 

This kind of response doesn't always work, but it's good to note there have been no more chicken remains, or any other garbage left on the floor.

No comments: