Saturday, December 21

News Update

Another week has passed, and we have travelled from the shore of Lake Superior and my hometown to the shore of Lake Wascana in the Queen City. The final day of classes was Thursday; bus driving was completed well, and I enjoyed collecting gifts from my students. Especially touching was the number of high school riders who paused to shake my hand and thank me for how I treated them. I may get the run back when I return in March, but that is not assured. On Friday we drove up to Winnipeg and were graciously hosted by Mike, Peggy and Talitha; thanks guys! This morning, we packed Eric/A's newly obtained sled-bed into the Sorento and completed the drive to Regina where we are being graciously hosted by Dad and Dave; thanks guys! The weather became colder as we headed west. Some of my fellow bus drivers made fun of us trying to get away from the Thunder Bay Winter by spending three months in Regina! The markets have continued to whipsaw; the big news this week was the Fed beginning to taper their bond and mortgage purchases. Then, the US jobs data and GDP were upside surprises as well. Unfortunately, our economy is not keeping up, so the TSX is lagging badly. The DOW has gained three times (24% vs 8%) as much as we have this year. However, I shouldn't complain, I had another good week, but still need to recover from last week! There is nothing in particular that I'm following in sports just now. 

Eric/A and the boys are preparing for the holiday break and putting on the Bethlehem Walk. 

Erin tells us that Kristian has been eagerly anticipating our arrival all week; well, so have we. What a delight to get to spend some time with them again! Grandma and Kristian were into a Lego project already this evening! 

Trav, Joanna, Gemma and Andrew hosted our Christmas celebration for the Thunder Bay group, and we enjoyed a few good-bye gatherings with them before we left. 

And that's about enough for this week! Merry Christmas to all. 

No comments: