Saturday, June 29

News Update

We've had a nice week on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. We've had a little more rain, including some from thunder storms, but it's been very pleasant all the same. Wendy and I put the pool up, and are looking forward to enjoying it over the summer. I've finished my school bus driving for the year, and for the first time actually have an assigned route to begin in September. We'll see how that goes; I'm also considering other options for my part time employment. (I have to get a part time job, or Wendy will make me get a real job!) I've been keeping company with my chiropractor this week, but I'm feeling much better and have been okayed to get back to golfing. Wendy has continued the spring cleaning right into the summer; our living room and office have been rearranged. The markets were troubled going into the week, but have turned a bit more bullish, so I'm looking forward to buying back in. Chicago completed the comeback to win the Stanley Cup, that made me happy! The Blue Jays are playing better and have put together a nice winning streak, but have found it tougher playing against the AL East lately. Football season has begun. The Riders started in Edmonton with a strong performance. 

Eric/A and the boys are on an early summer road trip. They are currently in Chicago, and we expect them back here early next week. We're looking forward to the visit, and I'm hoping Eric is ready for some golf! 

Kristian finished the school year strongly, winning the academic award for June. Here he is with a proud mama! We are arranging to have Kristian stay with us for part of the summer. Erin plans to remain in Regina to work, and then take a trip down at the end of the summer to pick him up. 

Gemma and Andrew finished the school year strongly with great results. They were out for a celebratory supper on Friday evening. Trav has had some bites on the truck, but hasn't sold it yet. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: