Saturday, May 18

News Update

It has been quite a week for us, far from the shore of Lake Superior and my hometown. We have enjoyed warm weather and a few dramatic storms in Dallas, and we close the week under 30+ degree temperatures and a thunder storm in Lawrence, KS. Viggo and I enjoyed a lot of golf this week; we took in all the pre-tournament days for the Byron Nelson, and I came away with a lot of coveted autographs. We also got out for my first round of golf for the year; it went well: 85 strokes and no lost golf balls. I hope it is something I can build on! This weekend, we're able to watch guys we've actually met compete for the tournament championship. The markets have been a bit up and down, but I've had a great week and am currently above quota for the month, so I'm able to make up for some lost time earlier! Wendy has been doing a bit of visiting, a lot of relaxing, and even got a massage—thanks, Nancy! She visited Owana, an old friend from Western and Zambia. We also caught up with Mike & Debbie for supper one evening; it was great to see that they are doing well. Hockey playoffs are moving on to the next round. The Leafs lost a heart-breaker, so I will dedicate my cheering to the Penguins on that side. I've decided to cheer for the underdog Red Wings on the other side. In Lawrence, we're enjoying the celebration of Marti's doctoral award —lots of friends, food, fun, fanfare, and a few too many ceremonies! And, everywhere we travelled, I heard the comments, sometimes spoken directly to me, "Oh, you've lost so much..., oh, you're so much thinner..." It seems to me that in an earlier, more gracious and polite era, one would not have heard such pointed comments about one's hair!
with Dr. Martha Denton Elford

Eric has returned home to Parksville. He has some job interviews arranged, so we pray that goes well. Erica is glad to have him home and has assigned him all household worrying for the week! 

We've been able to FaceTime with Erin and Kristian a couple of times. Things seem to be progressing normally for them, although I haven't heard about any golfing! C'mon mom, you can do this! 

Trav & Joanna are taking care of things on the home front. Joanna is very busy with work, and is enjoying it. Now it's Mai Long, and they're enjoying the break. We commiserate with Gemma who lost a friend recently. Trav & Joanna are doing some running, but the whole crew is also looking at getting back into cycling.

And that's about enough for this week.

No comments: