Saturday, December 15

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. While temperatures have remained comfortable, we've had snow nearly every day, and some rain today with +5 to clear the streets and driveways. Wendy arrived back on Friday morning, after more prolonged air travel. She had a great time in Parksville with baking, shopping, hockey tournaments and grand/mothering, but I'm glad to have her home. The markets continue to lurch with each successive US press conference, but overall the data has been favourable and I've had an above average week. This week has featured the Canadian Open of curling, but none of my favourite teams remains in the hunt, so I'm not as engaged as usual. Howard will be playing Jacobs in an all-Ontario final—I'll be cheering for Jacobs. Bus driving has continued routinely, and my transfer to Regina for the beginning of January has been approved. 

Erica and the boys have been enjoying their grand/mother this week. The big event was a hockey tournament for Liam where his team won the championship.(full write-up)
Hail to the Champions!
Eric is scheduled to be back for the Christmas break the end of next week. The boys have one more week of school before the break as well. 

Erin and Kristian had a good week. Kristian has two working hearing aids once again. 
Skaters!
Today the three kids enjoyed a skating outing with, as Mark noted, no injuries!

Trav, Joanna, Gemma & Andrew hosted me at the newest Bond movie on Sunday. Perhaps they've turned the franchise into too much of an action movie, but it was a good time anyway. Trav's hockey team won two games this week. Joanna was by on Friday to do the next set of blood work for both of us. Thanks. The truck is still not performing optimally, but Trav is back using it at least. I'm afraid it needs a new head gasket, as it continues to use coolant, and I'm afraid it's going through the system. 

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: