Saturday, May 19

News Update

Another beautiful week on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. I am suffering with my usual Spring hay fever, so I have not been able to enjoy the lovely weather so much. My back is coming around, so as soon as my head clears I feel ready to get onto the golf course again. Bus driving has continued routinely. I am gradually learning the names of my riders... especially a few of the noisier ones! The markets have continued to move downward on fears about Greece and the entire European economy, actually. JPMorgan have now moved their estimates for losses over the last six weeks to 5 billion, so I remain well ahead of their pace! Does any one think we might need some more regulations on those guys! Not to worry, they're a bank, so it's all ensured by um, ah, guys like me!! The NHL playoffs continue with LA taking a big lead in their series and looking like the team to beat—there, I said it, let the LA collapse begin! We're enjoying having the whole family in TBay for this long weekend. 

Eric/A and crew are here this long weekend. The big event was Liam's baptism this evening. We celebrated along with family and friends. Their house is now listed and has received some consideration. We hope it moves quickly. 

Erin is enjoying the recent play from her Jays as they've taken four straight from New York. She hopes they don't revert to some of their earlier foibles. Kristian is really enjoying the weekend with his cousins. 

Trav & Joanna are doing well. Trav got a new bicycle, although the truck seems to be performing fine once again! Now we need to get his speedometer moved from his old bike to the new one. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: