Saturday, May 12

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather is beautiful and I'm enjoying getting out in the yard and garden. I am currently fighting a crop of dandelions in the area where I plan to seed some additional lawn. The garden is ready to go; Kristian helped get the peas and beans seeded this afternoon. Wendy has been up in Kenora all week helping getting the house and yard ready for sale. She came back Friday night; I drove half way and met Erica who was bringing her that far. The markets have remained troubled and down. JPMorgan lost two billion in the last six weeks, so at least I can say I'm two billion ahead of them! Bus driving has continued to go well. My back remains tender, and I haven't been able to golf yet, but, while therapy continues, I am able to practice a little. The NHL has finally reduced its contenders to the final four, and I have to admit that I only picked one of the group. However, now that both Boston and Philadelphia are eliminated, I don't mind who wins it, and all of the teams are saying, "Don't pick me!" 

Eric/A and the boys were busy with grandma all week repairing and repainting, going through stuff, throwing away surplus, and packing for the move to BC. 

Erin and Kristian had an eventful week as well. Kristian lost his first tooth, and was impressed by the service from the tooth fairy! He also got a hand-me-down bicycle from Liam, so we are looking forward to him learning to ride that. 

Trav had some excitement with the truck overheating. Once we replenished the coolant, it seems to be running fine. There seems to be an issue of those Mazda 4L engines losing coolant, so we'll have to watch that. Otherwise things are progressing as per usual with work for Trav & Joanna, and school for Gemma and Andrew. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: