Saturday, April 14

News Update

We've enjoyed a busy week on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The week began on Easter Sunday with Canada winning the Curling Championship in an extra end over Scotland. Once again, they probably should not have won, but as it turned out the only team to defeat them all week was the powerhouse Kiwis who presumably make their rocks turn the opposite direction! The markets continued their problematic path, and the TSX is now down for the year. It's been a struggle, and I feel blessed to have some good gain to this point, however, I fell back a bit this week. As expected now that we're settled for a bit, I've been given a steady bus route, so I'll be driving that for the final months of the school year. My back continues to improve, and I've been able to begin work on the lawn extension in the back yard. The rhubarb is up, and I'm also getting the gardening boxes ready to go. The golf courses are open, but my back hasn't felt good enough to give it a try, although I have made a few swings! Wendy has begun spring cleaning or a reasonable facsimile thereof—we try to stay out of the way! I'd like to move forward with renovations upstairs but we have a massive piano standing in the way of that! I've been monitoring the NHL playoffs but it has not been progressing to my expectations as some of my most confident picks have fallen behind. Women's World Hockey Championships concluded today with Canada playing US in the final and winning it 5-4 in overtime.

Eric/A are busy with renewal issues that come not just with Spring. Liam keeps busy imagining and developing construction projects. Haaken keeps busy with creative pursuits in graphic novels, drama and art. Eric is a Canucks fan, so he has not had a good week with them.

Erin is busy with her work. Kristian is busy with school. His aide recently took maternity leave, and yesterday Kristian informed us she had a new baby girl. Mark continues to let me win in Scrabble, and his Canucks continue to let the Kings win in Hockey!

Trav is in despair (or a village nearby) as his Penguins are faltering in the playoffs. Joanna is busy with the celebration of Gemma's 12th birthday. Otherwise the whole bunch keeps busy with school and work.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: