Saturday, September 3

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. We've had pretty good weather, but a couple of raucous thunderstorms accompanied by hail have made unexpected visits for this time of year. I've been continuing the battle with the weeds; I don't expect a final victory to be accomplished. I have drained the pool—all 36,000 litres—on to the front lawn. It seems amazing that all that water can just sink into the ground and never even make it to the curb. The garden is continuing to produce, so we enjoy that. I suppose I should be thinking of digging the potatoes soon; it'll be my first successful experiment with the potato box and I'm curious to see how much it has produced. The markets have continued to be difficult, but I've been blessed with another excellent week even though I'm only 25% invested; maybe it's because I'm only 25% invested! I had a bus drivers meeting this week, and have now been informed that I will have at least a short term driving assignment beginning next week. I've met with my denturist and he is preparing a new partial plate for me; it should be ready after about a month of construction and adjustments. The Riders play their traditional Labour Day game against Winnipeg this weekend; it's quite a challenge for the 1-7 Riders against the 7-1 Bombers this year! They did get some good news this week as one of our veteran receivers was cut by the Chicago Bears and will be returning to the Riders, but not in time for this game.

Wendy has been busy with cleaning up the pool for several days this week. She has also taken her regular shifts at Walmart along with medical, eye and hair appointments. It makes for a busy week.

Erin has Kristian back into schedule as he gets ready to start grade one next Wednesday. The hailstorms have brought extra work for her car rental business. She has continued to practice golf a bit, but we didn't get out for a game until today.

Trav has chosen his office, and is working to establish further work contracts. We celebrated his new business with a party last evening at Joanna's. I was one of Joanna's clients this week as she drew my blood samples for my semi-annual PSA checkup. Gemma and Andrew are also getting ready for the new school year, and seem excited to see what it will be like.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: