Saturday, January 15

Palm Springs


Another week has passed and I have travelled far from the shore of Lake Superior and my hometown. I have joined three friends for a week of golf in Palm Springs, and it has been great! We have been playing a round of golf each day, and enjoying the warm weather. It has been sunny every day and the temperatures have ranged from 23 to 28—almost too hot for me! The golfing experience has been wonderful, and sharing it with friends just makes it more special. We've been mostly cooking for ourselves at the condo and have been enjoying a delicious array of barbecued feasts. Cold Stone Creamery is nearby, so that has made for a featured treat as well.

I left TBay on Tuesday morning, and the trip was an experience all by itself. When I got to the airport, I was informed that I had a piece of missing information, without which, I would not be admitted to the US. I didn't have the precise address where I would be staying while in the US! Fortunately, Wendy was standing by, so I dispatched her to get an address and email it to me while I flew to Toronto. Of course this delayed things in Toronto, so I missed my flight as the US closed down security for the flight before I could get my bags and the new information to them. Fortunately, the Air Canada staff there was very helpful and rebooked my trip directly to Las Vegas and that caught me up to my original flight down to Palm Springs. I was glad to get there!

Otherwise, I spent some time each day working on the investments and that turned out well as I recovered all my losses from last week and gained a healthy profit as well. I've been keeping track of things back home and commiserating with Wendy as she shovels snow, wonders about using the snowblower... ah, what a blessed man I am!

I can't tell you too much about home, Erin, Kristian, Travis etc. but, what I have heard indicates that all is going well for them. Erin still doesn't have her new car, so she's still driving a rental.

Anyway, that's about it for this week. Next Tuesday, I return to the land of snow.

No comments: