Saturday, May 1

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. Springlike weather has taken over with showers the last half of the week. We can certainly use the rain, as the forest fire hazard was extreme before this came along. I spent half of the week working in Kenora, and it may have been just as well as the markets were crazy with worries over the Greek debt issues and the Goldman misdeeds. However, I did sell the gold stocks I had been stuck in (thank you, Lord!); that was not only a great relief, but also a great benefit to my portfolio. In total I managed to gain 0.8% to improve to 10.1% overall. I worked on a data project up in Kenora. That seemed to go very well, and they've asked me to assist them more in the future. I drove up on Wednesday morning, and back this afternoon.

I can't say too much about life back at home, but all seems to have gone well. Wendy has been quite occupied with medical and dental appointments, and caring for her friend in the hospital.

Erin and Kristian have had a good week. Since Erica was down for part of the week, they even got to go over to her hotel and enjoy the pool. Kristian seems to be really getting used to the water, and paddling around much more comfortably. I think he got a fright in Florida, and it's taken a while to overcome it.

Travis had a usual workweek for the first part of the week, and now he's off for a weekend in Duluth, Minnesota.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: