Saturday, March 27

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. We began the week in Kenora, at Eric/a's and drove home on Sunday afternoon. The weather was beautiful to start the week and some of the local golf courses have opened, but it turned cooler on Thursday and the covers went back on the greens. I'm still hoping to get out at least once in the month of March as the weather is expected to turn nice again tomorrow. I built a golf shag this week, and I've been searching for a junior golf club for Kristian. He seems ambidextrous, but when he swings lefty, he uses proper hand placement, so I plan to let him try that first. I've been watching the curling all week, and Team Canada has been doing well. However, they lost the quarter-final to Germany on Friday evening, and then they got slaughtered by Scotland in the semi-final tonight, so they'll play for the bronze medal tomorrow.

The markets have been uncertain sitting at eighteen-month highs, and while I'm fully invested, I've been unable to make any sales, so I remain stuck at 8%, and with only three days to go in my first half year.

The garage door opener has broken, so I spent some hours this week getting that repaired. I've also done a bit of cleanup in the back yard now that the snow is gone. I'm thinking of some more development back there to extend the garden, and possibly put in a bocce court. I'm also thinking about some landscaping improvements in the front. I've been waiting for the neighbours to do a promised edging on their driveway, but I'm afraid I'll have to give up on that and go it on my own. Two trees have been removed from the front lawn, but the soil needs to be improved to grow the grass well and the whole front landscaping needs to be improved, so we'll see how far an old man gets! Homeownership can take care of all available time and money!

Wendy has been busy getting her place back in order this week; it's never up to standards when we get back! She's also been catching up on business, mail and friends. Our income tax returns have gone through (thanks, Erica) and she also has plans for that money.

Erin noticed quite an improvement in Kristian's speech after the trip as he is talking a lot, and we're understanding some of it. She continues with her work, and there seems to be some prospects for advancement there.

Trav has been busy with work and working the investment club with me some mornings. He has completed a few contract print projects and has a nice-looking website almost ready as well. I'll try to remember to pass along the URL when it's ready.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: