Saturday, May 16

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior, in my home town. We are not in Kansas anymore. We flew back from on Tuesday night, arriving in TBay about midnight. The weather has continued variable, and not warm enough to give me comfort over my garden. The next week looks better, so maybe yard work (and golf) can get back in full-swing! We enjoyed our time in Abilene, celebrating Shepherd's grad, as well as the drive back and forth from Lawrence KS. And we found out that we actually were able to celebrate about seven graduations of friends and family from ACU.

I've had a little work around the office this week. I was offered a month-long teaching assignment in Hornepayne, and after some consideration was looking forward to accepting that, but it turned out they wanted me to pay for the privilege of working there—so I demurred! When I had taught for a week in another community last fall, I was paid salary and expenses. This time, they only offered salary, and when Wendy checked out expenses... it didn't pay! My buddy, Wes, opined that since I've been working for nothing so much, they now wanted me to pay them! So, we continue to try to live on EI (and love) and it's thin living!!

Investment training continues. This week, I took the lecture while in Lawrence KS. The internet is certainly a wonderful facility. Investments have not gone well this week with both Energy and Financials down over 7%, but I still managed two sells and raised my total gain to 27%. I have all five stocks bought—and they're all currently at a loss position, so we hope things improve next week!

Kristian and Erin were both down with colds while we were away and continue to suffer a bit this week. Travis seems to be much improved, and watching his Penguins advance to the next round in the Stanley Cup playoffs really improved his outlook!

As this is long weekend, we are glad to have Eric/A and the boys visiting with us. Hopefully, the weather will smarten up tomorrow...

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: