Saturday, May 2

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior, in my hometown. The weather has been nice so we've enjoyed some out doors times. Kristian loves playing in the back yard where I built him a sandbox and installed a slide. Actually, he thinks the larger sandy area I have developed for the pool is even more attractive, so we usually find him there. He also likes time on the trampoline, and practicing his golfing. (Where did he pick up that interest?!) I've been working on the garden, and have it pretty much ready to go. I plan to start planting soon.

My health concern continues. I visited with my oncologist on Wednesday. He was happy to see that my PSA was somewhat lower, although still too high. He says it is further evidence that the elevated levels are just caused by a chronic infection. I also had him check out my little growth. It was his opinion that it was not a thrombosed hemorrhoid, but he referred me back to my family doctor for further investigation. So, I was back to see her on Friday, and she feels certain it is a thrombosed hemorrhoid. She cannot understand why I report no pain! She says I must have a high pain threshold. (Translation: I don't suffer from pain, I'm just a carrier!) She is referring me to a surgeon for a sigmoidoscope, possibly a full colonscopy and whatever surgical action he decides is appropriate. So, the saga continues. Meanwhile, I'm on those suppositories. We hope for a reduction in stress, distress and inflammation!

I have had only a little call-desk work this week. Next week, I have our annual spring conference, and then we're flying south to celebrate our friend Shepherd's graduation in Abilene. Investment training continues to go well, and I had a great week with my stocks. I'm now up 22.8% in eight weeks. Let's hope it continues.

Wendy has continued her dedicated efforts toward spring cleaning. Furniture is being moved, floors are being renovated. Adjustments are being made! Improvement is evident.

Erin continues to move toward furthering her education while continuing to work part time. Lots of planning need to be accomplished to put this all in place. Kristian continues to progress with his speech. He understands nearly everything we try to tell him, and his expressive language is growing bit by bit.

Travis is doing very well with his work, his projects, and the investment training he's taking with me. Now that the next round of playoffs have started, he's unavailable during Penguin games. And now that they're trailing, he'll have to cheer even more!

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: