Saturday, April 18

News Update

As the week began, we were up in Kenora, but now we are again on the shore of Lake Superior, in my hometown. We started off watching Kevin Martin lose to Scotland in the world curling championships. That was disappointing! Then, we watched Angel Cabrera win the green jacket at the Masters—I was cheering for Kenny Perry, although I'm happy enough with Cabrera's victory. And then, Eric/A arrived home, so we enjoyed a short visit with them. On Monday afternoon, we drove back to TBay and are enjoying springtime yard work, house cleaning, and a bit more work on renovations.

I am changing a few things about my garden project. I'm moving some of it to catch more sunshine, and I'm adding a 'potatoes-in-a-box' project. The lawn appears to be recovering nicely and I look forward to seeing whether my fancy 'green' grass can kill the quack grass! There are a few golfers out, but I haven't tried the course yet—just a bit of practice! My investment training continues. It's now six weeks, and I've managed to gain 18.0%. I've made fifty-three purchases, fifty-one sales and only three were at a loss. Now that I've learned more, I realize that two of those losses shouldn't have occurred either, so that's a very positive indication. I am determined to keep learning, and improve my discipline. As the course would describe it, I'm too emotionally attached to my purchases! (Imagine me being too emotional!) Anyway, that is how I understand my one bad purchase, and several other close calls!

Wendy has returned to wall paper and tile removal in the dining room. We haven't decided what to do about either flooring or painting, but we are committed to doing something!

I had another two days of work with the Territorial Student Program, and I have two more scheduled for next week.

Erin and Travis continue with their work. Kristian continues with his learning and growing. He enjoys the outdoors, but doesn't like to get his hands dirty. I think he would rather fall on his face, than have to use his hands to touch the dirt!

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: