Saturday, April 11

Happy Easter!

Another week has gone by here on the shore of Winnipeg River, in Kenora. We are staying at Eric/A's with the grandkids while Eric/A are vacationing in western Canada. We drove up here on Sunday afternoon, and have enjoyed the week here. There have been a few projects for both Wendy and I to put our attention to, so that has kept us busy. And I've also had a day of work for the local school district teaching about data exploration in TinkerPlots.

Throughout the week, I've enjoyed tracking the progress of Kevin Martin (my favourite curling team) in the world championships. After a ten-game winning streak, he has suffered back-to-back losses at the hands of Scotland, and now he must fight back to beat them in the final game tomorrow. The baseball season has started, so we've been following the early season success of the Blue Jays. And, of course, it's Masters time! Almost too many things to watch!

It's a beautiful spot here on the shore of the river, where we can usually watch the deer grazing on the lawn or playing on the river ice. We've been able to get out for pleasant walks as we explore the neighbourhood.

My investment training has continued with a class on Monday evening, and my investments have continued to grow as well. I've now managed 17.0% increase in my first five weeks.

The TinkerPlot workshop on Thursday went well. I enjoyed working with an old MISA comrade up here, and I am continuing to find it to be such a useful way to get information out of the overwhelming mass of data we collect in our schools.

Easter weekend provides four days off school for the boys, so they're enjoying that. And we're enjoying spending the time with them.

Erin and Kristian are holding down the fort back in TBay. Trav has finished his university program and is dedicated to his work and various projects. We plan to head back on Monday or Tuesday.

So, that's about it for this week.

No comments: