Saturday, March 21

News Update

Another week has strolled by on the shore of Lake Superior in my home town. As the week started, we watched the Brier final and cheered my guy, Kevin Martin, to another championship.

The weather has been lovely, so Wendy and I have managed to get out for several leisurely walks. The dropping snowbanks have turned dark and ugly. The deck is cleared off, so we managed our first barbecue of the season on Thursday evening. Ah! I missed that flavour!

One thing I've failed to mention that last two updates is that Trav and I are now taking an investment training course on line. It has started well, and we've begun "paper trading"; I'll try to remember to keep you up-to-date on how that goes! So far it is going very well (7.4% gain), but we've had eight days of rising markets so I guess it doesn't take a genius to profit on that! I don't know how long it will be before we begin investing in reality!

I've continued to have a little work on my various projects. It's year end for MISA, so I've prepared the annual financial and progress reports. I'll be emailing them in on Monday. It'll be about six weeks before I hear anything further as far as project funding for next year. I'm hoping for at least one hundred days of work over the next year.

We got word on Thursday of our cousin Karen's passing after a battle with cancer. Another family memorial in a week full of them as both our mothers and several other family members are remembered this week.

Wendy has been getting treatment all week for her back. She seems to have a pinched nerve in the back of the shoulder, but it's been improving a lot this week.

Erin has begun looking for a different job as her growing lists of responsibilities at work has not been marked by a commensurate increase in compensation! She is also considering returning to school for more training. Kristian continues to progress in his speech. He is also getting more testing as they try to determine not only the extent of his disability but also what may have caused it.

Travis continues to keep busy and do well with both work and school.

And today, as a special treat, Erica & Haaken drove down from Kenora, so we're celebrating Erica's birthday in person! They head back tomorrow.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: