Saturday, March 14

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior. The weather has been showing the promise of Spring, but also provided a blast of winter in the middle of the week and gave us another dump of snow. However, we're back in the plus territory again, with a prediction of rain! (The weather reports used to be characterized as 'promising' something, but I've grown too old, experienced and jaded to consider those expressions as promises!)

Wendy enjoyed a week out in Regina, although the weather was not congenial. She celebrated her dad's birthday with him last Saturday, and he returned the favour on Monday! She flew back home on Thursday. She continues to suffer with a pinched nerve in her back, and was to the doctor yesterday. Hopefully that will be overcome soon as I don't like rolling over onto a bag of frozen peas in my bed (or any other kind of peas in my bed!)

The rest of us survived at home as everyone pitched in to help out. Erin proved a good cook on occasion, and Kristian kept us entertained. Travis and I have begun an Investing course, so we'll see how that goes. Are we rich yet?! We had our first session on Monday evening. I have continued development of my Data Exploration workshops, and now have all three sessions planned. Now, we'll wait to see if anyone buys them! Actually, I've already sold the first two a couple of times, and I look forward to presenting all three in the next academic year.

The big distraction this week is curling. My curling hero, Kevin Martin, has cruised through undefeated so far and is in the final tomorrow against his old nemesis, Jeff Stoughton of Manitoba. Of course, he beat Jeff during the regular draw, so now he has to make it two in a row! Last year, I got to watch him in person at the Brier in Winnipeg as he won the championship. (My children are generous!)

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: