Saturday, August 16

News Update

We begin the week in Regina in remembrance, commemoration and celebration of Aunt Carole's life. The children, grandchildren and representative others did a marvelous job of acknowledging and acclaiming Carole's significant contribution to so many lives, and also provided evidence of the rich legacy she leaves in the individuals she has served.

We headed east on Monday afternoon, finally arriving at Eric/A's new place in Kenora around midnight. Tuesday morning was occupied around the new house and garage and then we completed the trip back to Thunder Bay where Erin and Kristian have been holding the fort.

Wednesday through Friday were spent catching up on work and issues around home. The garden continues to thrive and we're enjoying lots of cucumbers, lettuce, radishes and a few strawberries, peas and beans. Tomatoes are not ready yet, but promise to be plentiful.

I managed to get in another golf game—more of the same, I'm afraid. Handicap is a rating in view of the ten best of your last twenty rounds of golf. In my case, my handicap has risen from near ten up to 14.2; that is not progress! As I was looking over it today, I took note of the fact that I still have five rounds left from last year. That means I have only played fifteen rounds this year; I usually have twenty in by the end of May! As far as my play is concerned, my analysis is that I'm doing something bad during my full swing in sensitivity to my bad ankle. My consistent problems come on the tee box where I usually hit pull-hooks into trouble! So, after chipping out and hitting up around the green and chipping on... it's hard to complete a par four unless you have a sharp pencil and a good eraser!

Wendy has been applying on a few jobs again, but no bites yet. Erin is also looking around to see what else may be available to her. Kristian continues to be a delight. Trav is working several part time jobs as he spends the summer before his final year of this degree program.

On Saturday, we had a church leadership meeting for about half the day. This evening we went to see the Border Cats (local baseball team), but they lost so they will try again tomorrow to complete a championship season.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: