Saturday, April 19

News Update

Another week passes on the shore of Lake Superior. The weather has been beautiful all week; the lawns and fairways are available, and some golf courses have uncovered the greens. I finally manage to get out for a bit of golf practice this morning. I start the week cheering as Kevin Martin wins the world championship in curling, and I also enjoy watching the Masters of golf.

Next week, I'm starting back on the road for visits to my various schools. This batch of visits will take from now until early June. I will specifically address data analysis with the principals this trip, and hopefully only need to assist the secretaries a little in signing off the mid-year submission of data to the Ministry. In fact, two schools have already managed to complete the submission pretty much on their own, so that's encouraging. I am also rolling out a new project on asset management and accounting to half of the school Boards.

So, this week has required me to put finishing touches on my preparations for the tour. Erica has helped a great deal by bringing her accountancy training and experience to the development of a series of spreadsheets for asset management. The boys have been with us for most of the week, and then Eric and finally Erica have also joined in, so we have a house full this weekend. Tonight we celebrated Eric's birthday with the whole family here, so that was a special treat.

Wendy's thoughts are turning to yard development now that the weather has turned nice. We are hoping to plant some cedars in the back yard, and also seed the lawn back there. I've got a new variety of grass seed, and I'm looking forward to watching how that turns out. I've pretty well finished up the drywalling downstairs, and Wendy is considering what should come next—probably the bathroom on the main floor!

Kristian has had a couple of sick days this week, but seems to be doing better now. We are glad that his eyes seem to be doing fine now. Erin continues with work, and is also looking at how she can complete her coursework at Confederation College.

Travis is basically finished University until the fall. He's looking forward to his summer work. Sylvia had a musical presentation this evening with a choir she sings in.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: