Saturday, April 5

News Update

Another beautiful week has passed here on the shore of Lake Superior. The warm weather has chased the snow away and we are seeing the grass on our lawns, and more importantly—our fairways!

It's been a busy week of work for me as the first of April marks the end of the government fiscal year, so I have lots of reports to complete. I also had a principals' meeting on Wednesday, but mostly I just pounded away on the computer. We are also into another round of reporting to the Ministry of Education from all of our schools. I am challenging our secretaries to do this one on their own, but already five have sent plaintive cries for assistance! When I've needed a break, I've retreated to the closet renovations downstairs. That is now completed, drywalled, and I'm beginning the work on the mudding.

As mentioned, the weather has been beautiful and temperatures climbing into the teens have made thoughts turn to golf. Of course it will be some weeks before the fairways dry up, but it's encouraging to see the grass! I have assembled my motorized bag carrier, and look forward to trying it out. I'll probably take it for a walk one of these days just to see what it's like.

Wendy has kept busy with various activities from her small business interests like PartyLite Candles to her babysitting of Kristian, and extra babysitting for another of her friends.

Erin keeps busy at work, but, to our (and her) chagrin, has not kept pace with her schooling. She is really glad of the return of baseball; we enjoyed a few games this week.

Today marks the beginning of the men's world championships in curling, so I'll be following our representative and my favourite, Kevin Martin and his team. Tonight they beat Denmark in their first game of the tournament. It's being held in Grand Forks, North Dakota (not far from our border), so I suspect he may have as many fans in attendance as the American team!

We enjoyed a couple of visits with Travis & Sylvia. Trav is completing this semester of studies in the next week, so he's busy with that, and looking forward to summer work.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: