Saturday, December 22

News Update

Another week has rolled through here on the sloppy shore of Lake Superior. The weather has turned mild with rain, and the snow is sinking. I shovelled the remaining slush off the deck so we have access to the barbecue and the hot tub.

Work is over until the New Year, as we had a closing luncheon at work on Friday. Unfortunately, I still have a bit of work to complete as one school still is not signed off for OnSIS, and that is due by December 31st. I will have to spend a bit of time on that next week. Erin is also on holidays until next Thursday. Eric, Erica and the boys plan to have Christmas in Kenora and then come down here for New Year's.

I went out on Friday for a bit of curling—just practice, as they have open ice each day at lunch time. It's been about six years since I curled, and with my rebuilt leg, I didn't know how it would go. It wasn't fully comfortable, but it was all right and I'm encouraged to try it some more. Wendy has us scheduled to try skating over the break as well. We'll see how that goes.

Wendy has continued with Christmas baking and shopping. Being a holder of both X and Y chromosomes, I feel no great need to go shopping until Monday!! Meanwhile, I surely am enjoying the baking.

And that's about it for this week.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year. I'm glad that you are on the mend.