Saturday, October 20

News Update

A soggy week has passed here on the shore of Lake Superior. The rain has been unrelenting, but we're now promised a few days of relief. Some areas of the city are suffering from flooding, but we're doing fine.

I have been working in my home office this week. Two projects only peripherally related to my work have needed some attention. One is an oral language assessment we are conducting throughout the northwest of the province on all kindergarten students. I am charged with data collection and input. The other is an initiative from the Ministry on Tangible Capital Assets; they want us to change how we account for such. I fail to see how this will benefit anyone, much less our small school boards, but it will involve some extra work, and is bound to kill a few trees!

The wet weather has kept me from the golf course (it's a wading pool in many places!), although to be truthful, my exertions of last Saturday left my leg too sore to play any golf anyway! My leg is feeling 'good to go' again, so as soon as I get over my cold, and the course dries up, I'll try it out!

Wendy has continued therapy with her chiropractor, but generally feels pretty good. Erin continues her bookkeeping work, and enjoys that. Kristian is going through another growth spurt and can now pedal his trike. He just loves being outside, so the wet week has been difficult for him.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: