Saturday, August 18

News Update

Another week has passed, but we have wandered far from the shore of Lake Superior, so that today finds us in the mountains near Sundre, Alberta. We left Thunder Bay on Tuesday, as soon as Erin had finished writing her exam and we could get packed up. We drove as far as Kenora that day, and spent the evening and night with Eric, Erica and the boys. Then on Wednesday, we carried on to Regina, where we visited with Wendy's family and spent the night with DadK. On Thursday, we carried on to Medicine Hat where we enjoyed the evening with Jim & Carol. Finally, on Friday afternoon we drove up through Cochrane and to the Pioneer Lodge here just south of Sundre.

It's a nice setting in the foothills. It's set up for a variety of activities like pony rides and trail rides. There is also a climbing wall, an obstacle course and hiking trails. Then there are volleyball and basketball games set up near the main lodge. It makes for a nice reunion with the Krogsgaard family, and we also celebrate Erin's birthday.

I finally manage, this afternoon, my only golf of the week. I drive into Sundre where they have a nice course. The local guys I'm placed with insist on playing the blacks, but really it's my driving that keeps me in trouble throughout. Everything is back to going left, so more work remains; I guess that's golf!

And that's the kind of week it's been.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What does that golfspeak phrase "playing the blacks" mean?
I'm a non-native-golf-speaker.

Bill Ulrich said...

'Playing the blacks' means playing from the championship tees, the longest positions to play for each hole. Typically there are red, white, blue & black tees. Red for women, white for seniors (I play whites), blue for men, and black for the egotistical!!