Saturday, August 4

News Update

Another week has passed on the sunny shore of the not so Superior Lake. I say that to note that the big lake is nearing record low water marks. Several recent publications have noted the ominously low water and the record high surface temperature of the lake. It is now expected that some time this fall, Superior will fall to a new record low. This is interfering with shipping, as the large vessels cannot carry full loads, and it is really interfering with small boats as many are unable to access their docks or slips.

Meanwhile back at the house, Wendy thinks the pool is a couple of inches low as well! However, I have continued my slow progress on the back yard. I am digging a shallow excavation for the trampoline, and preparing the main section of the yard for lawn. I hope to plant grass this month, so I need to keep at it, however the 30 degree weather has invited me indoors!

I've had a couple of days back at work this week as well. We had an all day meeting on Wednesday, and I had some follow-up from that. So, with the work and the heat, I only managed to get out golfing on Monday.

The garden continues to grow and produce. Something keeps eating the pea plants—they are being mowed down to just a couple of inches high!

Wendy is back to pretty well full health, and has spent several days this week helping out at the daycare. Erin & Kristian are doing well. Kristian got a good medical check-up this week as he's finally made the chart for his weight! (He's still pretty slim!)

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: