Saturday, January 21

Keep Going

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has continued to be mild and we've enjoyed that,  although we could have done without the slushy snow/rain midweek! I heard back from my doctor concerning the MRI on my head. He's only asking for a phone interview, so I'm concluding they found nothing of concern. We were able to get out for walks most days, and my back and legs didn't complain very much. We topped out at 2.4 km on Thursday, which did raise some complaints! So, there was no walking yesterday. I keep doing my exercises while waiting, impatiently, for more direction from my doctors.

Paddles can form as 4, 5 or 6

Development of the new game continues apace. This week I got a batch of beads to use as pegs, thanks Joanna! Now, that I have the precise size, I can begin drilling the holes. I will consider a variety of joinery solutions as I plan to build several versions with six paddles for each. I want to complete one, and see how playable a game it is before I consider building more. The markets were troubled most of the week as some earnings reports were weak, and investors decided that sometimes bad news is bad news! However, we got a rally on Friday as Netflix showed strongly. I had another good week and a strong start to the year. In sports, the Oilers are on a winning streak—yay! Leafs and Pens also doing well, although Leafs dropped one to the Habs in OT tonight. My #2-Jayhawks, however, had a very poor week (2 losses) and we'll see the ranking take quite a hit, I'm predicting. 

Erica writes, "The big event this week was the arrival of a box from Haaken. It was Christmas in January! I reminded me of the January Christmases from my Childhood, when a box would arrive from Regina or Dallas.
Christmas in January
It was extra magical as we thought Christmas was over and suddenly—more presents! Thanks, Haaken! Eric and I both had evening events throughout the week, so it was busy. We have one more week before we join Travis and Joanna in Punta Cana. Maybe they will return the favour and join us in Puerto Vallarta some day. (And mom and dad and Erin and Kristian, too?)"

Kristian has completed his regular season of high school curling. Once the exam period is over he will start into the playoffs on January 31st. He's also into heavy catch-up mode on some assignments that got surprisingly delayed! C'mon man! Erin suffered through the final game of her Jax Jags season today, as the KC Chiefs dropped them out of the playoffs! 

Travis and Joanna had a busy week getting as much product out the door before heading to the Caribbean.
Punta Cana
They left early Friday morning, and made a successful transit through Toronto on their way to Punta Cana. We helped them deliver the rats to their new owner, and took management of Minnie while they're gone. Andrew will manage the household and the other two dogs. Trav also got the accident damage repaired on his car, although that became quite a story as well—Insurance companies! 

And that's enough for this week. 

No comments: