Saturday, July 2

Happy Canada Day!

Another week has passed, and we have migrated to the shore of La Rivière Rouge, and then onto the shore of Lake Wascana in the middle of the prairies. We have established residence here at Erin & Kristian's for the next while. I played nine holes of golf on Monday, my first play of this season. It was not pretty, but I did finally manage one par, and even better I was able to walk, which led to my attempt at 18 holes on Thursday at the Fly-In Club in Steinbach. I was very pleased to manage to walk 18 holes, and I also played better, so a very satisfactory experience. We enjoyed two nights in Winnipeg at Tom & Mariette's place—thanks folks. I was also able to make contact with Dean, Kelly and family. Dean golfed with us on Thursday! I got to catch Cassie's pitching, and was delighted to see how well she is progressing. In summary, we finished our obligations in Thunder Bay on Monday and Tuesday, then headed west on Wednesday, and arrived in the Queen City on Friday! 

Front door from inside

Today, we have started preparing for the renos here. We picked up some pallets to use for the scaffolding so Wendy can paint. Otherwise, I have completed three months now out of the markets except for my dividend stocks, and still I manage to lose money! I surely look forward to when the markets turn upward again. In sports, Colorado finished off Tampa Bay to win the Stanley Cup! The Riders regrouped from the beating by Montreal and returned the favour tonight—Yay Riders! The Jays are struggling with injuries, but are holding up pretty well. 

Erica writes, "Eric’s week at work has been chaotic. They are trying to hire more people, as with summer there are more referrals and no shows and it’s just part of the season. I finished up the week and am ready for a few days of sleep. It has been a busy month and season. I picked up a book on how to learn Danish by reading. So, now that summer has come, maybe I’ll have time to check it out. Haaken, Liam and Greg are all doing fine, celebrating Canada Day across half the country. We celebrated Canada Day with our friends, the Stenskes. It was supposed to be an outdoor BBQ, but it rained. So, we played guitar, uke-banjo and ukuleles around the living room table instead of the fire pit."

Erin and Kristian spent some time getting ready for their summer guests and we're thankful to have a place to settle in comfort. We're enjoying them and their animals! Wendy has started preparations for the painting project here. 

Trav & Joanna, Gemma & Jonas, and Andrew sent us off with a lovely barbecue and pizza supper. Gemma will be in charge of Kensington Manor while we're away. We're certainly glad to have her there. Gemma & Jonas plan to move to Vancouver mid-August. We wish them well! Andrew is working at Superstore and readying himself for school in the Fall. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: