Saturday, June 11

Heating up! Turning red!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather continues to heat up, and we're enjoying it so far. We only decided to use the central air one day. The lawns are growing too quickly and I'm already tired of mowing! Fortunately, my new-to-me battery-powered lawn mower works great. I am able to do three complete mows of both lawns on a single charge. We have continued work on the back deck. Wendy likes the process of installing three boards, then she applies a final coat of stain, and after that dries, I can install three more boards! Besides, by the time I drill pilot holes, and screw down three boards, it is pretty much a day's work for me! We have completed the decision-making, and issued a contract for new shingles, fascia, soffits and eavestroughs. Wendy has also ordered a new front door with a half-light, but we're not certain of a delivery date yet. I would like to install that before our summer trip. Wendy is not experiencing much difficulty with her shingles, but the vision problem still troubles us. The markets have turned red again as inflation fears lead to interest-rate-hike fears lead to recession fears! Pundits and investors alike have twisted themselves into knots trying to decide how to play this. We had almost recovered enough for my charting system to give the buy-signal, but now we're back to the waiting game. In the Stanley Cup playoffs the Colorado Avalanche finished off my Oilers and have moved on to the final series. They will be playing Tampa Bay Lightning. This is my first round of picking 100% correctly, although I hated to see my Oilers lose. I'm picking Avs to win it all. The CFL has begun, and the first week of games is complete. My Riders played Hamilton tonight and managed to start the season on the right foot—yay Riders! The Jays are playing well in baseball. I have too many options for what to watch next!

Erica writes, "Eric and I returned from Vancouver on Monday night. Vancouver is so busy—I don’t think I want to live there. Liam is busy working with a camp in the Cypress Hills area near Maple Creek. His work has expanded to include social media content which he enjoys. Haaken and Greg are doing fine."

Erin and Kristian carry on with their usual routines in Regina. Kristian has received good news over his application to Clearview Camp. So, he'll be there two weeks as junior counsellor, and then attend another week as a camper. That means we'll miss some of our expected time with him this summer, but we're also delighted that he's getting this camping opportunity. Erin is finally getting her vehicle booked for last summer's hail damage. Today, she let the cats get together—it did not go well. 

Joanna has flown to England with her sister and her step-mom. They are returning her father's ashes to his ancestral home. I'm sure it's an emotional trip for them.
Digging under the Fence!

Trav has been taking care of the pupsters while they try to escape the yard! Gemma has flown down to Toronto to take care of the home and dog down there while Grandma is away. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: