Saturday, December 11

Snow's Here!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The forecaster's threats finally were fulfilled as we had a full-scale winter blizzard Sunday and Monday morning. I enjoyed the performance of my newly procured snowblower, and, along with Wendy successfully removed that snow, and the subsequent Wednesday's dump, from our driveway. Now, a sunny, above zero, weekend is completing the clearing and drying of the pavement. I haven't advanced much on the projects this week, although I did get materials moved into the house. Two days of snow-clearing, along with my regularly scheduled curling, was about all I could manage! Wendy finally located a haircutting set at one of the local pawn shops to replace the set we broke in Regina. We purchased that, and now I'm the relieved recipient of a fresh haircut! Thanks dear!

Freshly Trimmed!

Wendy has kept pretty busy getting the books into shape and up to date for the Barbershop Group. She claims that she's getting close! The markets returned to the green, with only Thursday being a down day, so I've recovered back to quota for the month. Covid infections continue to climb and we now have three provinces out of control (PQ, NB, MB). As feared, my Riders could not overcome the Bombers, although they put up a spirited battle. Bombers will face Hamilton in the Grey Cup tomorrow, and I'll be picking and cheering for the Bombers to win it. In hockey, my Oilers have hit a dry patch, while Pens are really playing impressively! Leafs continue to have good success as well. All three played tonight; only two won—c'mon Oilers! The regular season is over in college football, so we await the bowl season. In basketball, my Jayhawks are developing pretty well. I even got to watch today, and they rewarded me with a win over Missouri. Rock Chalk! 

Eric/A were down to Regina this weekend where they held a Christmas Caroling event at the Wascana Centre featuring Dad on the harmonica. 


Erin and Kristian continued their usual assignments along with more preparations for Christmas. This weekend, they enjoyed a visit, and a big Christmas meal, featuring much food, with the Baileys. They also took in the traditional Christmas movie! 

Watching Die Hard

Travis and Joanna accented their week with the arrival of their new theatre seating. 

Aisle lighting to guide their way! 

They are continuing to get a lot of PuckShot work, including a three-team shoot with young hockey players this morning. Tonight, we joined them, along with Gemma and Andrew, at the Thai Kitchen restaurant to celebrate Andrew's birthday. Good food, and a good time. Making memories is always good! 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: