Saturday, March 6

Springing!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Ontario in my hometown. The weather has turned positively Spring-like and we are enjoying the melting snow and the walks. Dave and Heather stopped in for a visit on Monday as they were on their way to Kingston. We enjoyed the visit and  a special breakfast before they headed east.

Eggs Benny!

I had a couple of appointments concerning the DVTs in my left leg. On Monday, I had another ultra-sound. The technician was not encouraging, "I suggest the veins remain fully occluded." Then, on Friday, I had bloodwork requested by my vascular surgeon concerning elements of my blood chemistry that may relate to the DVTs. She'll be calling to discuss the results of both tests. We enjoyed a couple of family zoom meetings this week. On Thursday, we had meeting with my siblings as we shared and commiserated over the passing of Linda. Then, tonight, we had a birthday zoom with dad K with the Krogsgaard clan. Otherwise, it's been a quiet week. Wendy continues to ail with her rotator cuff tendonitis. She continues to ice it regularly, exercise it as prescribed, and was also back to the chiropractor this week. It is getting better, but still not good, and she is unable to resume her usual activities. The markets have veered wildly from one day to the next, mostly over concerns about the possibility of inflation-fueled interest rate increases. Finally, a positive US Jobs report on Friday allowed us to regain our momentum and complete a green week. I have managed to stay on quota ever since the US election which has returned a measure of calm to that administration. Sports began the week with the completion of the Scotties. My pick, Kerri Einarson repeated as champion, and now looks forward to the Women's World Championship to be held later this Spring. On Friday, the Brier began, so I'm looking forward to watching that all next week. My favourite, Kevin Koe, won his first two games. Sentimental favourite, Matt Dunstone of Saskatchewan, suffered a terrible loss today. As expected, KU was elevated in the rankings after they took down #2-Baylor. However, they only had one game this week, and they did not play well, although they managed to eke out a win. They now face the league playoff conference, as they complete preparations for March Madness. In hockey, my Oilers got a lesson in the game courtesy of the Leafs who polished them off three straight in a mini-series while blanking them twice. Time for some personal reflection for the Oilers. Meanwhile the Pens have been getting healthier and won a tight game today.

Erica writes, "Today is my last day at Deloitte. I’m officially unemployed until Monday, when I start with MNP (Meyers, Norris, Penny).  Eric’s office are under renovations so he got to work from home on Thursday. Liam continues to produce more RU videos and his own animated videos. We haven’t heard much from Haaken or Greg."

Erin and Kristian had a good week. Spring Training baseball has begun; Erin and I enjoyed watching a game together. Kristian is enjoying his current Quint subjects of Art and Phys Ed. Erin is getting a bit of a holiday in that regard as well—no homework for her! 

Joanna has received her negative test results on her covid test. We look forward to spending time with them now that she's been cleared. 

And that's about enough for this week.

No comments: