Saturday, June 27

Told ya so!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been great, albeit a tad hot for us, and we've been running the air conditioning. We also got a couple of showers, so the lawns and fairways are thriving. I've managed a bit of golf practice, but it seems that golf is doing better than before; I'm finding it quite crowded and I don't hang around in crowds! Canada is making steady progress in the suppression of CV-19, and the caseload these days is manageable. Some countries are not doing so well—looking at you Brazil, Russia, USA... 
Image may contain: text that says 'NEW COVID CASES REPORTED: ITALY: 190 FRANCE: 81 SPAIN: 330 USA: 33,399'
Yesterday: USA - 47,341 new cases
The border closure has been extended to July 21st, and some tourists who entered under false pretences have been fined and invited to return home! The markets have reacted to this disastrous result with another sell-off, and I have sold out of the market completely. Still, I am sitting at quota for the month of June, and will look to get back in when I can detect a sustainable direction. I've been working in the shop more this week, and enjoy seeing some progress on my woodworking projects. Wendy has been keeping up with the yard, and reorganizing storage in the laundry room, and in the kitchen. She tried to buy some new sandals, but was not happy with the options. She did add to her wardrobe with a special fascinator!
Fascinating!
We have picked up some plumbing supplies which implies my application to some work in the laundry room, soon! I scored a nice set of Bluetooth Headphones for Fathers Day—thank you!
Wendy doesn't have to hear my programs!
Baseball, hockey, football and basketball continue to make noises about play, but nothing is happening on those fronts yet. Golf is in another tournament this week, but some players and caddies are falling victim to the virus, and having to drop out. Still others are refusing to play. This evening, we were blessed with a visit from Dave & Heather as they overnighted in our driveway on their way home to Saskatchewan. 

Erica writes: "I wrapped up my last official week of work until September. I opted into a flex plan where I take off the summer months. I have a couple of minor items to wrap up, so I’m not completely done. But it feels good to know I have a few months to focus on other things. Eric got his long awaited Fathers Day gift: wireless headband earphones. He is now well set for truly deep listening.
Deep Listening indeed! 
Liam and Eric painted the back room. This weekend we want to clean up the brick a bit and seal it. Haaken was back to work this week at Costco. He reports it was good. Saskatchewan Lipedema held a webinar on Thursday night. At the end, during the discussion, one of the participants shared some news: Dr. Rockford’s team at Stanford University has located a bio marker for Lipedema. This should allow for a diagnostic test to be developed to confirm whether someone has Lipedema. Hopefully, it will lead to other treatments."

Kristian has completed his grade 8 with further recognitions of the end of the year. One such thing this week is he was given a sign from his current school...
and some school sportswear for his new school.

Travis and Joanna continue to cope with partially unemployed life. Joanna got in two days of work this week, which is pretty much as per usual. Gemma studies from downstairs here. Life is not so easy at any time, but we're all trying to make the best of it and do our part to flatten the curve.

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: