Saturday, January 4

News Update

Another year has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been very mild this week. We've had some fresh snow, but we got that cleared away. Then we had some sun, which cleared the driveway, and we've even had some rain—crazy times!
New Year's Eve—Chinese Food!
We brought in the New Year over Chinese food with Travis, Joanna and Andrew, celebrating the occasion by building another puzzle.
Last Puzzle of 2019!
Otherwise, we've taken it pretty easy. I put in a few hours reviewing my investment work of 2019, and planning for 2020. I also spent a fair bit of time considering and planning some woodwork projects. Fortunately, I get to chat with my brother on both subjects, and, this year, I've been approached by a nephew who wants to discuss investments, so it's a lot of fun. Wendy has begun clearing away Christmas decorations. I had a great day in the markets on Thursday to start off the new year, but then Trump decided he needed to do something to distract from his impeachment, and energize his re-election campaign, so he assassinated the highest ranking military official of Iran! The markets tanked on Friday, but I still managed to escape with my quota for the week. I had a great day in sports today with the Jayhawks winning their first game of conference play. They were elevated back to #3 this week, so they should manage to hold that ranking. That was accompanied by the Oilers winning, the Pens winning and the Leafs winning! So much winning I can hardly stand it! And then the icing on the cake: Shady Brady and the Patriots lost! And finally, after midnight, the Canucks won one for Eric! That's seven straight wins for the Canucks; they bear watching since they're ahead of my Oilers!

Erica writes, "This week we enjoyed some time in a Regina visiting Erin and Kristian, and Grampa, Bernard and Alicia. It was a quick trip as we had to come back to PA to help a friend move. As it turned out, only Eric and Haaken were able to help as I caught a quick flu. Liam’s RU group performed at a New Year’s Eve event in Moose Jaw. He’s back in Moose Jaw now for work and practise. We dropped Haaken off at the airport Friday morning and he’s back in Victoria."

Kristian was on holidays all week, and Erin had some time off as well. However, she took ill and has been suffering most of the week. Today, she allowed that she has progressed from the bed to the rocking chair!  We hope she is completely well, soon.

We enjoyed celebrations over the holidays with Trav, Joanna and family. Now, they're back at work, and we're also returning to our regular routines. Joanna returned from Toronto on Tuesday, so she joined in our New Year's Eve supper and celebration.

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: