Saturday, October 5

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has continued to be variable with more precipitation than expected. I finally managed to get the lawns cut on Friday. I also got out for some golf that afternoon. Otherwise, I've been working on the crown moulding in the downstairs bedroom, and I got that done. Now, I will turn my attention to the same task in the family room. Wendy has been stymied by the rains, so she's turned her attention to the kitchen cupboards both upstairs and down. She's doing some touch-up painting, and also working on the organization of the various drawers and storage areas. She must be having success as the bedroom pantry is gradually emptying! She has completed her audition (successfully) for Sweet Adelines, and is enjoying singing barbershop once again. She's also been invited to practice with one of the quartets! I now have my appointment for eye surgery in Toronto. It's set for November 26th; Wendy has booked our flights and lodgings. The markets have remained troubled as the Trump trade wars are starting to hurt back at home. He fails to understand that if you wish to be a trading nation, your potential customers need to be doing well so they can buy your stuff! I have continued selling out of the market, and with good gains on Thursday and Friday managed to survive the week. The hockey season has begun and I'm watching to see the changes made by my favourite teams. I hope the Oilers can manage to advance to the playoffs this season. Baseball has already entered the playoffs, and the Blue Jays are reduced to the role of fans. I am picking the Astros to prevail over the Dodgers in the World Series, but on the way there, I'm also picking Yankees over Twins, and Braves over Cards. I'll be cheering for the Yankees. I'd love to see the old time rivalry of Yanks vs Dodgers, but I feel Houston pitching is just too strong. Tonight was the biggest football game of the season so far as Riders hosted the Bombers with the winners claiming first place. It was a hard-fought game, but Riders pulled away late for a big win! 

Eric and Erica came to a decision about their decks, and have purchased composite decking for both front and back. Now, we'll need to put together a plan for the supporting materials, and prepare that order. Then, we'll have to see when Liam is going to get home to do the construction! 

Kristian did not manage to match his stellar set of matches of the week before in bowling. His first two games were over 150, but then he faded in the final two. Otherwise things have been pretty routine at work and school. 
Lucy taking it easy!
Travis and Joanna are engaged with both hockey team photography and the steady output for BucketDecals. Joanna, Gemma and Andrew did a Rock-Painting class this week. I think the results are striking.
Dot Mandala Painted Rocks
Now, Joanna is off to southern Ontario again on assignment for parental care. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: